I just found these round courgettes in my local supermarket the other day. You do not find them so easily where I live. I was really exited about finding this round courgette and came back straightaway in my kitchen to bake this delicious recipe.
- 8 round courgettes
- 500 gr. of hacked beef (1.1 lb.)
- 500 gr. of tomatoes (1.1 lb.)
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 celery's branch
- 1 dl. of red wine (3.3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- Espelette pepper (if you find it)
- Herbes de Provence
- Olive oil
- Bring to a boil a casserole of water to blanch the courgettes. Slice the 2 onions and garlic clove. Then brown in a pan with some olive oil. Add the hacked meat, the diced celery branch and sliced tomatoes.
- Cut the top of the round courgettes and remove the flesh. Boil the courgettes during 10 minutes and reserve. Hack the courgette's flesh and mix with the meat. Add the red wine, salt, pepper, Herbes de Provence, Espelette pepper and tomato concentrate.
- Leave to cook until there is not too much liquid (around 30-40 minutes).
- At this point preheat your oven at 200°C (400°F).
- Stuff your round courgettes and place in your oven approximately 20-25 minutes.
If you like the stuffed recipes, you can also have a look at the stuffed tomatoes recipe. I also shared others recipes bringing some sun into your kitchen like the pissaladiere, a delicious tart from Nice or the baked tomatoes!
Have a look as well at the recipe index, you can maybe find some new French ideas for your family diner.
If you enjoyed this recipe, do not forget to share it with your friends on the social media or you want maybe to register to the newsletter in order to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”!