Hi everybody, how are you doing back home? Can you like here in Lausanne, Switzerland, already enjoy summer temperatures. Picnics and barbecues are already there? It’s like being in the middle of the summer enjoying some delicious strawberry tart with a lime custard.
Having a little girl is a good excuse to spend all of our time at the park right next door lazing in the grass when we are not running behind Julie who sees herself growing wings, uh just legs.
Walking, aperitif in the grass, sand castle, lunch on the terrace of nice restaurants, petanque, picnics, swing, barbecue, … all that deserves to continue to relax with delicious strawberry tartlets with a touch of lime, for an exotic side. That of being already in summer in April.
- 250 gr. of flour
- 125 gr. butter cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 80 gr. icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 30 gr. of flour
- 80 gr. sugar
- 1 lime
- ½ vanilla pod
- ½ l. of milk
- 500 gr. strawberries
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 cc. lime
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Mix the flour with the robot or by hand, adding butter, icing sugar, milk, salt and 2 egg yolks. Form a ball.
- Spread the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Place in your individual molds, prick with a fork, cover with cooking balls and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan. Add the seeds of the vanilla bean and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs and egg yolk in a bowl with the sugar until the mixture is white and then add the flour, lime zest and its juice (reserve a teaspoon of lime juice for finishes).
- Pour half the hot milk slowly into this mixture by whisking the mixture quickly and constantly to avoid lumps.
- Put all on the fire with the rest of the milk and cook on low heat for a few minutes until the cream thickens, remove from heat at the first broths.
- Allow to cool to room temperature while preparing the filling.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Cut in four. Pour the pastry cream on the pie base and arrange the strawberries on the cream.
- Heat the jam with the lime juice. Apply with a brush on strawberries for shine.
- Exit 30 min, 1 hour before serving.