I am not really a big fan of chicken. I love different kind of poultries; but chicken is not my favourite. Chicken meat is often dry while cooked. However this is the cheapest meat in my local supermarket. I also find a promotion two days ago so it was even more affordable. As a result I asked myself what I could make with some chicken.
Because in the following recipe, breasts are boiled, chicken meat will be soft. Additionnally, chicken breasts are shredded. Therefore olive oil, basil and tomatoes will bring even more flavour to the meat. More you marinate, better the taste will be! You can also add more tomatoes and olive oil on this recipe depending on your taste.
Below, you will find again an easy verrine recipe to bring some peps to your appetizers. Chips and crackers are nowadays outdated and you need to find more ideas to twist your aperitifs!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1.5 dl. of chicken bouillon
- 150 gr. of dried tomatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fry chicken breasts with olive oil for 5 minutes. Add chicken bouillon and leave to cook for 30 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Slice dried tomatoes. Cut cherry tomatoes in four pieces. Chop basil.
- Shred chicken breast in a mixing bowl. Add tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients. Leave to marinate few hours.
- Fill in verrines and decorate with basil leaves.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might want to have a look at the verrine recipe index. You will discover plenty of colorful and fashion verrines.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media in order to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.