When I want to bake a quick and kind of healthy dessert in short time, this is what I bake. I got that from my aunt. When I was visiting her, she had not only two but three childreen for one week … and a dog. Just to say that she had no time and she needed to feed a lot of persons :-). You can make this fast recipe with any kind of fruits you find. It almost always work.
This tool is just a life saver. An apple peeler. I heard about it two years ago. I was walking aroung in my local supermarket when I just saw it. I was not quite sure what the use of this strange object was. When I got it, I bought it straigh away. Now peeling included, I need less than 10 minutes to make this tart. Of course then you have to think about the baking process but 40 minutes, 200°C… This is not really difficult :-).
I spread always a layer of jam for this tart. I used the rhubarb and strawberry’s one I made last year. Feel free to use any kind of jam you like.
- 1 puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons of Rhubarb and Strawberries Jam
- 4 big apples or 800 gr. (1.76 oz.)
- 1 egg
- 25 cl. of cream (1 cup or 8.3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Put puff pastry in your baking dish. Prick with a fork.
- Spread a layer of jam.
- Peel and slice apples. Put on top of jam.
- Mix egg alone in a mixing bowl. Add cream and white sugar. Mix again and pour into your baking dish.
- Spread some brown sugar on top of your tart and bake for 40 minutes.
If you like tarts and pies, you might be interested in checking the recipe index to find more recipes.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to get the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.