I do not remember when I began to bake Quiche lorraine. But I was pretty young I guess. Soon all my parties tables were full covered with Quiche lorraine and Mustard tart, the easiest recipes I know off. When you host a bunch of teenagers and that you still are a teen yourself, you should be prepared. Baking fast and a lot to make sure you can feed everybody.
I grew up now. However more than 10 years after, I still bake this recipe from time to time. Especially when I am invited to a dinner party where each guest has to bring something or when I am organising one myself.
I made one today, so Adrien can bring something to eat at work for lunch. Tastier a bit warm, this quiche is also delicious cold. You can serve this Quiche lorraine with a green salad in summer or maybe together with a soup in winter. I made a fast pumpkin soup for this week. Will try to share the recipe with you soon.
- 250 gr. of smoked bacon cubes (9 oz or 0.55 lb)
- 1 big onion
- 250 ml. of cream (1 cup or 8.3 oz)
- 1 egg
- 180 gr. of grated cheese (Emmental)
- 1 puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Slice the onions after removing the green sprout. Brown onions with bacon on a large non stick pan.
- Put puff pastry in your oven dish and riddle with holes.
- Put onions and bacons on top of puff pastry.
- Mix in a bowl cream, grated cheese, egg and pepper.
- Pour on top of bacons.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy!
Thank you very much for reading. Do not miss a recipe by registering to the newsletter or following a French girl “cuisine” on social media.