At home I almost never ate bread sticks. We were always buying salty little biscuits from Belin (French biscuit brand now bought by an American group). Mini-pizza was my favourite. However, we do not find them anywhere in Switzerland. Strangely when I arrived in Switzerland I found out that we almost systematically get bread sticks for the aperitif. Especially in Adrien’s family. Bread sticks and a glass of white wine by warm or cold weather.
Some of the ones we find in our supermarket are fine, but I always wonder how I could make these little breadsticks on my own. You will find below how I made them. We had some friends coming over last week-end and guys eat all of them in record time.
- 2 puff pastries
- 2 egg yolks + 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
- 60 gr. of parmesan
- Mix egg yolk with water.
- Unroll puff pastries.
- Brush ⅔ of egg yolk on puff pastries.
- Spread parmesan, pepper and rosemary.
- Fold puff pastries in half.
- Brush the rest of egg yolk.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C and put a greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Cut strips (1.5 cm or 0.5 inch).
- Roll and put on baking tray.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes and leave to cool.
Thank you for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.