At my grand parents’ house, potatoes were always playing the big part. As a result, I agree 100% with patate.ch, the organization promoting potatoes in Switzerland (so tasty!). My grandfather enjoyed pretty much my granny’s omelet. She was making tone of different sorts but mainly with potatoes! Here you will find an omelet filled with south flavor, perfect for summer time: potato and roasted red pepper omelet recipe.
Do not hesitate to prepare in advance the red pepper and make larger quantity because it is delicious and you can use it for many tarts and salad all along summer.
Potato and roasted red pepper omelet recipe
- 1 red pepper
- 3 potatoes that remain firm when cooked
- 1/2 sp coarse salt
- 1 leaf laurel
- 1 pinch salt flower
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 leaves basil
- grapeseed oil
- olive oil
- pepper from mill
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Put a pan of water to boil with half a spoon of coarse salt and a bay leaf.
- While waiting for the water to boil, wash the pepper, place it in a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes. Turn the pepper and grill another 15-20min on the other side.
- Cut slices of potatoes keeping the skin. Rinse them.
- Diving them in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- When the skin of the red pepper is grilled on each side, peel it off, then cut the red pepper into strips removing the pips. Place in a bowl, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of fleur de sel and 1 clove of pressed garlic.
- Heat a skillet with a drizzle of grapeseed oil. Peel and slice the onion. Sauté in oil with potato slices over medium heat until roasted on each side.
- In a bowl, beat eggs in omelet. Pour over the potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. I prefer slobbering omelet.
- Add a few slices of pepper, a little fleur de sel, 2 chopped basil leaves, a little pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.