Mushroom Vol-au-vent, it’s a holiday dish in Switzerland. One who finds himself on wedding tables, in good restaurant, at Christmas or to celebrate new years. Here you come with my version of vol-au-vent.
Even so it’s much better to work with fresh products, with mushrooms just out the wood, but that’s also very expensive and we were a lot :).
But I ordered cockles in bakery, rather than buying them at the supermarket. Because when I have to prepare appetizers, starter and that I am all alone in the kitchen, I have to find a way to save time. That was a great choice, because they were delicious.
The tricks of the day, I had prepared a lot more stuffind mushrooms so I could freeze some and re-fill them for the new year!
- 4 shallots
- 20 gr. of butter
- 60 gr. dried bolete
- 2 cans of chanterelle (125gr, drained x2)
- 500 gr. mushrooms from paris
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped parsley
- salt pepper
- 25 cl. liquid cream
- 12 vol-au-vent
- Soak dried bolete mushrooms in warm water.
- Peel white mushrooms or clean them with large water with a brush.
- Drain the chanterelles and rinse them.
- Peel, deglaze and mince the shallots. Brown in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add white mushrooms. Bake for about 8 minutes. Pour the other mushrooms, parsley. Salt, pepper. Come back again 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Stuff your vol.
- Preheat your oven to 200 ° C. Add a touch of liquid cream and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.