I prepare this article last year and I want to share it with you before it’s too cold, if like me you find yourself in the situation I am describing below you will know what to do to warm you up !
“This is snowing outside since the last two days. I am seating down on my coach wrapped in a large blanket in front of the TV with my computer on my knees. I like that there is some snow. It means that soon we will be able to ski and that mountains will be full of fresh snow. However I feel so cold today. Coming from south of France, I am not use of snow. Every two years,we got a bit of snow. Maybe half day and the afternoon everything was already gone. We are so not accustomed to snow that everything stops during one day. When I say everything stops, I means really everything. Schools are closed, parents stay at home …
Today I am feeling cold and I really need something to warm me up. What do you think about a mulled red wine? I think this is one of the best idea I ever had this week. Only few minutes and I can pour my glasses with a delicious mulled red wine. Yum. This is delicious. Do you want some?
- 2 l. of red wine (8.3 cups, 2 US quarts or 66.6 oz)
- 3 star anises
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 orange zest
- 2 points of a knife of nutmeg
- 350 gr, of brown sugar (2 cups or 12.5 oz)
- Pour red wine in a large casserole dish. Add star anises, cinnamon sticks, cloves, lemon juice, orange zest, nutmeg and sugar. Mix.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Leave to cook for 15 minutes and serve.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.