This ice cream is a killer. Even if I am not very ice cream, I vote yes, as good as caramelita, I swear. It is really worth the detour, creamy. For the holidays, this mascarpone and chestnut cream ice cream will go perfectly with all the desserts of your choice. We served it with an apple crumble pie made by Élodie. Very yummy, simply delicious.
The little extra : add crumbled glazed chestnuts, and that’s it!
Mascarpone & chestnut ice cream
- 1 vanila pod
- 5 dl milk
- 4 egg yolk
- 80 gr sugar
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 250 gr chestnut cream
- Split the vanilla pod in half, collect the vanilla seeds with the tip of a knife and add them to the milk in a saucepan.
- Heat the milk over low heat. Remove from heat at the first broth.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg young with the sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Pour the hot milk little by little while mixing. Return the mixture to the pan.
- Thicken over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When the cream coats the back of a spoon, let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in the mascarpone, let cool for about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Add the chestnut cream and place in your ice cream maker for about 40 minutes.
- Place in the freezer until the ice sets.
- Serve as soon as the ice has set or if you make it the day before make sure to take it out 20-30 minutes before so that it is a smooth consistency.