My first röstis! Usually my husband takes care of it. He was the one who bought the potato grater necessary for their preparations.
To save time, you can prepare them in advance and reheat them in a pan in butter just before supper.
As a main dish, note that this recipe is only for 2 people but for 4 as an accompaniment.
Perfect with roasting sausages for example!
- 1 kg potatoes ferme à la cuisson
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 gr butter
- Peel potatoes.
- Finely grate using a roesti grater.
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan and brown the onion.
- Meanwhile, salt the potatoes and mix. Add the fried onions and mix again.
- Melt a little more butter then pour the potatoes.
- Form a patty using a wooden spatula. Cook 15 min over medium heat without mixing.
- Remove from fire.
- Place a plate on your pan and turn the roestis on the plate, then pour into the pan to cook the other side.
- Cook again 15 minutes and serve.