This is always the same story. What should I make for Christmas eve? What can I cook for New Year Eve? This is getting more difficult when you are just two or four. You want to eat delicious things; but you cannot roast an entire turkey. As a result you get to think more on what you can actually make.
This recipe is made for two to four peoples and is quite easy. You can make serve this with mash potatoes or a celery purée (one of my favourites).
During christmas holidays, I like to eat everyday good and fancy food. Not only around Christmas and New year. We will spent the complete holidays just the two of us with Adrien except for the 24th and the 31th. Maybe some friends will come over and I will have the chance to cook something nice for them. But in the meantime, this is what I am planning to cook for just the both of us :-)!
- 4 guinea fowl legs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 150 gr. of smoked bacon cubes (5.35 oz.)
- 200 gr. of pearl onions (7 oz.)
- 20 cl. of white wine ( ⅘ cup or 7 oz.)
- 20 cl. of chicken bouillon (4/5 cup or 7 oz.)
- 200 gr. of chestnuts, peeled and cooked (7 oz.)
- 2 sprigs of chervil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large casserole dish. Fry guinea fowl legs on both side, remove from casserole and reserve.
- Peel onions. Brown bacons for 3 minutes, add onions and leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add guinea fowl legs, white wine, chicken stock and pepper.
- Cover and leave to cook on medium/low heat for 50 minutes.
- Add chestnuts and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove meat and vegetables from casserole dish.
- Spread some ciselled chervil and serve.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or register to social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.