I brought these delicious French butter cookies to the Foodblog festival at Soissons in France, last november. In case you were there, had the chance to taste one and appreciated them. You will find below the recipe.
I was quite sad and scared to stop by Paris just after what happened … With my luck I had booked a hotel in “Republique” area. Soissons is quite far away from Lausanne in Switzerland and had planned to stay one or two night in Paris to enjoy the city.
So I followed the great advice written on this biscuit box. I kept calm and ate Palets Bretons ! I didn’t eat them all; but still more than a few of them. They are so tasty ! My favourite biscuits !
Unfortunately my grandmother didn’t give me any recipe for this biscuit and I used the one of Dominique, “De vous à moi”.
- 160 gr. of sugar
- 4 eggs yolk
- 160 gr. of melted butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 280 gr. of flour
- 7 gr. of baking powder
- 1,5 teaspoon of salt
- Mix sugar and egg yolks until the mix become a bit white.
- Add all ingredients left.
- Mix using a wooden spatula.
- Make a kind of cylinder with the dough (4cm of thickness)
- Roll into plastic wrap and place in your freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut the cylinder into pieces (1 cm).
- Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- You can use muffin mold, if you want your cookies to look regular and nice !