I love christmas. This wonderful time when we are all sitting around a nice table to eat together great dishes cooked with love. To complete the (long) list of festive recipe, you will find below a deboned duck stuffed with foie gras and gingerbread. Delicious and all guests can attest.
To serve with maybe some mashed potatoes with some truffles oil. Anyway you will not need much to go with this perfect duck!
- 1 duck boneless by your butcher - 2 kg once boned
- 350 gr. raw foie gras
- 6 slice of gingerbread
- 20 cl. of milk
- 1 pinch of sugar
- kitchen string
- Remove the excess fat from the duck, melt in a cast iron casserole. Grasp the boneless duck on the flesh side for about 10 minutes, then let cool.
- Remove the central veins from the raw foie gras. Remove the foie gras from the fridge and with very clean hands, dig a little bit in the liver in the center to find the main vein. Lift it gently while letting the other small ones come as well.
- Cut the liver roughly and put in a bowl.
- Add the gingerbread in pieces after soaking in milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a pinch of sugar to remove the bitterness.
- Give the liver a shape and keep in the refrigerator until the duck finishes cooling.
- Preheat your oven to 100 ° C.
- Put the stuffing inside the duck and tie up. Really tie up to ensure that the stuffing stays inside, even if you want to sew it for the most motivated ones.
- Grasp for 10 minutes on all sides then put in the oven for 3 hours at 100 ° C.