Beef tartare is one of my favourite meals. I could eat that all the time; but this is really expensive to buy high quality meat or to eat a tartare in a restaurant. I am quite lucky because there is a bar/restaurant in Lausanne, 5 minutes walking from my place where they serve tartare for lunch every wednesday and friday at reduced price!
I am not going every week but almost. Today I bought 300 gr. of rump steak and we made a delicious beef tartare with my boyfriend! With toast, butter and French fries of course.
- 300 gr. of beef fillet or rumsteak
- 2 fresh eggs yolk
- 1 shallot
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 French pickles (little and spicy)
- 4 teaspoon of capers
- fine-cutted parsley
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- I usually either finely dice my beef fillet or ask my bucher to prepare the meat for me if I run out of time.
- You need then to finely dice all ingredients in different small dishes. When I am done with the preparation, I bring everything onto the table and each guests can prepare his tartare himself at their convenience.
- For 150 gr. of meat, I most of the time add 2 teaspoons of shallots, pickles, parsley and capers, ½ garlic clove, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and few drops of tabasco.
- I mix everything together and I add a lot of pepper, salt flower and 1 egg yolk. I serve with French fries and toasts with butter!
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.