Caramelised chestnuts are my favourite side dish with venison. That’s so delicious, it tastes well with others side dishes and maybe one of the easiest recipe. The only thing to keep in mind is to prepare all ingredients in advance and monitor carefully cooking process as we will make a caramel. Need to be quick!
Caramelised chestnuts goes well with a traditional venison stew but it can also be a nice side dish for christmas with a poultry! Or just like that! So delicious!
- 200 gr. of peeled and cooked chestnut in can or frozen
- 30 gr. of sugar
- 10 gr. of butter
- 2 dl. of vegetable bouillon
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar and leave to cook until the mix brown a little, like when you want to make a caramel.
- Coat chesnuts into caramel and pour vegetable bouillon.
- Heat on medium heat until half of the liquid vanish, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Keep some liquide if you want to prepare in advance and heat last minute to serve with your meat.