Apricots are the favourite fruits of my boyfriend. Together with raspberries, if I am right. That’s why I chose to bake this tart. Today, I associated almond cream with apricots. However you can probably make this tart with any kind of fruits. I baked one with figs. You can check out the recipe on girls guide to paris website. This almond cream is so delicious.
On the contrary I never really was a big fan of apricots. I like them; but not my favourite fruits. That’s maybe why I baked more or less the same recipe with figs some time ago. Anyway associating almond cream with any fruits is delicious 🙂 !
This tart is quite easy and fast to make and will be the perfect dessert to share with your family on a sunday afternoon.
- 1 puff pastry
- 14 apricots
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr. of melted butter (1/2 cup or 3.57 oz)
- 100 gr. of white sugar (1/2 cup or 3.57 oz)
- 200 gr. of almond powder (2 cups or 7.14 oz)
- ½ vanilla pod
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Mix sugar with butter.
- Add almond powder, eggs and vanilla seeds.
- Flavour with 2 tablespoons of rum.
- Put puff pastry in pie plate.
- Pour almond cream.
- Wash, cut and seed apricots.
- Place apricots on top of the almond cream.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool and serve.
Find out more desserts on the dessert recipe index. You never know, you might get some new baking ideas!
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.