I just got back from my holidays. This is my first week working after spending two weeks in Japan. This parmentier is the first French dish I ate since a long time :)! It was really delicious. The sweet potatoes give an amazing taste and it is changing from the classic mashed potatoes. I am convinced that this recipe will be loved by your children. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes associated with a duck confit is delicious.
- 800 gr. of sweet potatoes (1.76 oz.)
- 4 little potatoes
- 4 confit duck legs
- 2 tablespoons of duck fat
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Peel and wash potatoes and sweet potatoes. Slice and place in your slow-cooker for 15 minutes with a generous pinch of salt.
- Dice garlic and onions after removing the green sprout.
- Wash the fat of the duck legs and remove skin and bones. Shred duck legs and place on a pan with garlic, onions and 2 tablespoons of duck fat. Fry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Fill in your plate or individual casserole dishes with the duck meat. Purée the potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon of cream and some nutmeg.
- Add a layer of mashed potatoes on top of the duck meat.
- Bake 10 minutes and serve! Bon appétit!
If you like this recipe, you might find interesting tohave a look at the poultry recipe index.
To receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”, you can register to the newsletter or follow me on your favourite social network.
Feel free to share it as well with your friends or to give me your impressions.