A sunny recipe to bring the summer in your kitchen. I don’t think you will find something easier. These roasted pepper, I made them since I am a child. I got this recipe from my mum, I was always looking at her, when she was roasting some in our oven until they could easily be peeled.
I have to admit, that I do not really remember how she was eating them. Maybe just alone with a green salad. Because at that time, I hated that pepper … and now, I have loving them :). Anyway now, I do use them to make bruschetta or pizza.
Besides, I am sharing with you this recipe today because when I went to the supermarket, I didn’t find any pepper in jar. Yes, shame on me, I am not always making everything homemade. I use them to make our succulent sunday night pizza. So I have decided to make them for once, taste better and that’s healtier!
I leave you with the recipe, I hope you will enjoy it!
- 3 peppers (red, green, yellow)
- olive oil
- 8 oregano leaves
- 1 pinch of salt flower
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-assisted (or 220°C).
- Place pepper in an oven dish and roast around 30 minutes. Turning them at the halfway point.
- Skin must be roasted almost burned and flacky so that's easier to remove it.
- Cut meticulously pepper in large bands removing skins, seeds and tails.
- Place in a jar with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 pinch of salt, oregano leaves. You can also add some fresh garlic if you want too!