When I was still living with my mum, brother and sister, we often ate turkey legs. Surprisingly, this was less expensive than chicken at that time and this is tastier from my point of view.
I find turkey meat really tasteful. My granny from my father side used to make me a turkey steak together with a carrot purée each time I was visiting her during my childhood.
When I left home to begin my studies and of tired of eating pasta, this is something I could make me for dinner. It lasted at least three meals Warm or cold, that was always very tasty.
It takes some time to cook in the oven, but the recipe is quite fast and easy. I served it with the roasted potatoes of my other grandma and this was awesome. I will share with you the recipe when I got time to make them again.
- 2 tablespoons of old style mustard
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1.4 kg of turkey leg (3 pounds)
- 250 gr. of tomatoes (2 big tomatoes or 9 oz)
- 200 gr. of onions (2 big onions or 7oz)
- 6 fresh unpeeled garlic cloves
- 24 cl. of white wine (1 cup of white wine)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix old style mustard and Dijon mustard together. Add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover turkey leg with this mix.
- Place in an oven dish.
- Peel and slice onions. Spread on top of turkey leg.
- Wash and slice tomatoes. Spread on top of turkey leg.
- Place garlic cloves on oven dish.
- Add a dash of olive oil and ¼ of white wine.
- Bake for 1h15. Drizzle with wine and/or water every 15 minutes.
Thank you very much for reading. Register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipes of a French girl “cuisine”.