But this time, I will share with you something savoury, a special recipe coming from the kitchen of one of my friend, Mum Christine. Mum, because she is always giving us good advices. These little basil cannelés, her husband make me taste them the first time… and then the second time at their place and the third … I think that this is one of their specialities ! Always so delicious. So I though I could share the recipe with you !
If you want to know more about the Battle food and the participants, do not hesitate to visit the French version of this post.
- 20 gr. of basil
- 15 gr. of grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- a pinch of pepper grounded from mill
- 10 cl. of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 115 gr. of flour
- 5 gr. of baking powder
- 150 gr. of unflavoured yogurt or séré
- 1 egg
- 30 gr. of grated parmesan
- Place all ingredients in your electric mixer and mix until you get a homogeneous pesto paste. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix flour, parmesan and baking powder in a bowl. Reserve.
- In a second bowl, mix yogurt, pesto and egg.
- Pour the preparation in the first recipient on top of flour and mix until you get a homogeneous paste. This mix will be quite thick but this is normal.
- Butter and half fill your mini-cannelé molds.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- If you are using silicone mould, unmold straight away.
- You can serve warm or cold as you wish !
Thank you very much for reading. Do not hesitate to register to the newsletter or follow me on social media to receive the latest recipe.